(source: Farah Al Fayez)
WARNING: THE VIDEO THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE MAY DISTURB YOU. PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS STRICTLY ADVISED WHILE WATCHING THIS SHORT VIDEO.
Seriously, what’s wrong with China and their escalators? Do they have like a curse or something?
Last week, NewsTycoon featured a dramatic video of a mom being swallowed by an escalator, saving her son while slowly dying. A CCTV video caught the whole horrible incident as the mom quickly vanished seconds after she fell through the unscrewed metal panel of the escalator. We thought that it could be the end of it, but we were totally wrong.
In Shanghai, another escalator incident was caught on video. This time, a 35-year-old employee got his leg sucked on the escalator. Luckily, he managed to press the button to immediately stop the escalator from dragging him inside the hellish device.
Zhang, an escalator cleaner, was about to end his cleaning task when the escalator suddenly sucked him in. This caused his leg to be severely injured, costing him a leg in the process.
Firefighters quickly responded in the scene as they rescued Zhang from the terror escalator. Since the damage on his leg was too worse, the doctors decided to amputate him.
According to some people, it was the employees fault all along. The rules of cleaning escalators suggest that it should first be turned off before cleaning. However, Zhang didn’t shut if off first before doing his job.
Cloude Nine, the mall where this happened, said that they’ll be more careful with their escalator cleaners. They will hold another investigation to know what steps should be done next.
Escalator incidents aren’t really new in China. Previously, a mom was killed after she was swallowed by the escalator.
Well, I guess we should really be taking the stairs from now on. Like seriously, I rather have a stressed leg due to walking rather than an amputated leg due to some freak accident.